I’m a developer with a background in network and system administration.
(jQuery, Vue.js, Angular). I also spend a fair amount of time doing
“devops” things (e.g. DB maintenenace, performance tweaking and monitoring, etc.)
You probably can’t see much, since they are private repos, but here is my
I’ve spent time learning Elixir, Haskell, and more recently, Scala. You can see
some of this activity on my Personal GitHub
If you want to see more detail, checkout my LinkedIn profile link above.
This is just a list of things I think I’m looking for in a next gig:
- Functional Programming (or mostly)
- I’ve done procedural, OOP, and now want to dive head-first into FP
- Yeah, you can FP in almost any language, but I’m looking to work with more strongly-typed “functional first” languages
- Today, I am really liking Scala, but Elixir was also a favorite(minus the strong typing)
- I enjoy more things farther away from the front-end, I think.
- Related to the above, working in some other non-web app arena would be fresh and fun, I suspect
- This could be “dev-opsy”, or “developer-toolsy”, but the details will matter, I guess.
- People that are open to new ideas and thoughts.
- It is important to be listended to and to feel that way. No matter if we agree or not.
- People that actually want to help each other
- Ignoring pleas for help, or requests to pair is not a healthy way for a team to behave.
- Speaking of a team. I’d like to feel like I’m on a team and not just taking up space in the same building.
- Remote friendly
- I love the option of working remotely whenever I need or want to.
- I’m not sure I’m ready to go remote full-time, but would be willing to try it.